Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I, too, still exist...

What have I been up too? I know my avid readers (Mom, Jameson, Tona) are curious.
I've been working and laying pretty low. I've been going through some transitions as well. The main transition, I guess, is finding new friends and releasing the old ones back into the wild from which they seemingly came.

My former friends became less of a joy to be around and more of a chore. One in particular started to feel like a full on committed relationship, and let us not kid ourselves, right? Once I start feeling like it's a chore to be around someone I just just juke them and run in the other direction (much like a certain person's certain drunken night in OKC).

Mom keeps reassuring me that I will find the perfect friend one day. I guess she would know. She is rather blessed with some of the most fantastic friends one could have. Her friends are good at listening and sharing advice if need be. My friends bombarded me with all of their worldly problems and wondered why I never shared mine. Is it so hard to wonder when listener can't get a word in edge-wise? Ha. Rocket science.

Work has been very good to me. This holiday season was very profitable. Though, I think it's time to start looking for a 9-5 and keep the service industry at bay until the weekends. It is a perfect job for me since I get to be as social as we all know I am, it isn't boring as we all know I hate, and its decent money which we all know I need, but it isn't a life time career.

I would love to open my own bar, but with out a shit-load of money and a concept not fully together it would seem rather impossible to accomplish that feat at this time. One day. Hmm.

I would also like to take this time to congratulate our dear Jameson on his engagement. After all these years of making fun of our significant others, he's going to be stuck with one for the rest of his life and not have the pleasure of blogging about it. It will be unfortunate to not read these fantastic stories anymore, but sigh, we must all grow up eventually and make that giant leap into looking into one person's eyes for the rest of our lives-- or some years. Or something.

At least his Mother will no longer be able to question his sexuality. There is an upside to everything.

Random thought: Remember the time she thought he was in the drug business because a large amount of money disappeared from his bank account and he didn't even tell her it was because he took a trip to Oklahoma randomly? Ha. Oh to be 20 again.

I will try to update more often, but I am going to use my usual excuse, I'm not very interesting any longer. I will try very hard to make someone cry or something. Until next time, Folks!

--Brittany Jonn.

No comments: